Customs Clearance

Along with our sea, air, road and rail transport, we can also provide you our customs clearance service. Our own dedicated team of experienced professionals in customs brokerage with direct links to HMRC’s CHIEF system allows us to promptly clear your cargo at all major ports and airports. If you only require customs clearance without shipment booking, we can help you.

This service complements our air and ocean import services here in the UK which allows us to promptly take care of the payment of duties and taxes on your behalf prior to arranging delivery. For export shipments from the UK, our global network of overseas offices and agents also allows us to provide local customs services to your overseas buyers, based on your requirements.

If you wish to proceed with the clearance of your goods into the UK, you should have the following items ready:

Depending on the mode of transport, the transport bill’s name will vary. Here are the transport bill’s names for each mode of transport:

Frequently Asked Questions

1) What is an Economic Operators Registration and Identification (EORI) number and how do I get it?


It is a number that is used by businesses record with customs the movement of  goods between the United Kingdom (including Northern Ireland, Isle of man and the Channel Islands) and any other country. To get this number, you or your shipper/client would need to have a registered premises in the territory of the UK.

For more information, please look at the official guidance given by the UK government at this website:

Once done, you can apply using this link:


2) What is a HS code?


It is a set of 8 to 10 numbers that gives an exact description of your goods along with all the associated restrictions as well as charges and taxes that need to be paid upon arrival or departure of the country. It is different (but similar) to the UK customs  tariff or a commodity code. The HS code required would only be 8 numbers long. When importing into the United Kingdom, the Customs Tariff number code required would need to be 10 numbers long. The codes that are used are the same in most  countries, however taxes that are applicable may be different depending on where you are shipping to.

For more information, please look at the official guidance given by the UK government at this website:


3) What about T forms (customs transit procedure certificate) for clearance?


This certificate is required when you are transiting between any EU country and any other country and is mostly used by indirect transport methods such as sea or road transport. Depending on the nature of your shipment, it will affect what T form is required. In the case of a T1 document, the goods are being moved from the place of origin within a “third country” to the customs union, for example: from the UK to Austria and the entry country is France, any customs formalities such as taxes and duties are only applicable when the goods arrive in the final country as the goods are not cleared for circulation into the country. In the case of a T2 document, the goods are moving from the place of origin within the customs union to a common transit country or a special European union territory.

For more information, please look at the official guidance given by the UK government at this website:

Your Cargo in 2-3 Days

Regardless of the method of transport, your cargo is in safe hands and constantly monitored.

Anglo Freight – Freight Forwarder in Southampton, Hampshire © All Rights Reserved.2022